Trauma Informed Certification
Trauma-informed social emotional learning (SEL) is an approach to education that integrates trauma-informed practices with traditional social emotional learning strategies. This approach is based on the recognition that many people have experienced trauma, and that trauma can impact a person’s social and emotional development, as well as their ability to learn.
Trauma-informed SEL involves creating a safe and supportive learning environment that is sensitive to the needs of all individuals who have experienced trauma. This includes creating an atmosphere of trust and respect, providing opportunities for individuals to share their experiences and feelings, and offering supportive resources and services.
Some key components of trauma-informed SEL include:
- Understanding the impact of trauma: Organizational Leaders/Managers, Human Resource Leaders, Educators, Coaches, Therapists and Mental Health Specialists are trained to recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma, and understand how trauma can affect a person’s social and emotional development.
- Fostering a sense of safety: Institutions create a physically and emotionally safe learning environment where individuals feel supported and validated.
- Promoting positive relationships: Individuals promote positive relationships with individuals, and encourage them to build strong connections with their peers.
- Building resilience: Institutions help individuals build resilience by providing opportunities for them to develop coping skills and strategies for managing stress and trauma.
- Encouraging responsible decision-making: Institutions help individuals develop responsible decision-making skills by teaching them to consider the consequences of their actions and make choices that promote positive outcomes.
Trauma-informed SEL can have a positive impact on those who have experienced trauma by promoting healing, resilience, and personal and professional success. By integrating trauma-informed practices with social emotional learning strategies, institutions can create a supportive and empowering environments that benefits all.
Format: Online Hybrid, Live Group & Self Study
Cadence: 6 Saturday - Bi Weekly Sessions for 3 Months
-Lesson: 10:30am - 12:00pm
-Break: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
-Discussion: 1:00pm - 2:30pm
-12 Modules: 30 hours of Content (1 Hour of Inner Work, 1 Hour of Training)
-Access Your Recordings For 1 Year From Your Enrollment Date
L1 Jan-March: Associate Certified Coach (ACC) – Completed 60 hours of coach specific education and 100 hours of client coaching experience
-Self Awareness: Inception, Introspection,Integration
L2 April-June: Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – Completed 125 hours of coach specific education and 500 hours of client coaching experience
-Social Awareness: Inquiry, Interaction, Integration
L3 July-September: Master Certified Coach (MCC) – Hold or have held a PCC Credential, completed 200 hours of coach specific education and 2,500 hours of client coaching
-Unity Consciousness: Information, Investigation, Integration